Vis emner under Forside

If you use a car registered abroad, you will be required to pay a special registration fee in order to drive it legally in Denmark.

Do I need to register? 

The most important things to be aware of are:

  • If you have a permanent address in Denmark, you must register for Danish license plates and pay a registration tax no later than 14 days after you have taken up residence in Denmark.
  • If you do not have a permanent address - for instance, if you are here as a student or if you are working in Denmark for a limited time - you must apply for a special permit to drive a foreign-registered car.

More information
Learn more about the rules on foreign registered vehicles and find relevant application forms here on SKAT's website.

Indholdsansvarlig Flemming Hartmann,