Vis emner under Forside
Driver's license

Please note: Conversion of driver’s license is necessary only for driver's licenses issued in non-EU countries.

Consult Workindemark's website for full details concerning conversion of driver's licenses.

How to convert your driver's license
If you have a license issued in a non EU/EEA country, you will need to pass a driving test before you can convert your driver’s license to a Danish license. To sign up for a driving test, go to the Citizen Service office and bring valid driver’s license that is issued in your home country, a valid residence permit and your passport.

Please note: It is not necessary to pass a driving test when exchanging a driver’s license issued in the following places: Australian Capital Territory, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Russia, Brazil, Ukraine, or Switzerland.

When you have passed your driving test
Having passed a driving test (if necessary), you must go in person to the Citizen Service office in your municipality, where you will be given a form to fill out.

 Remember to bring:
  • Your valid foreign driving license. 
  • If you are not a Danish or Nordic citizen, you must bring a valid residence permit. 
  • A valid passport. 
  • A doctor’s certificate issued by your personal general practitioner. 
  • A photograph (colour or black and white). The photo must meet applicable driving license requirements – talk to a passport photographer, who will know the photo requirements. 
  • If your foreign driver’s license has not been issued in Latin characters and is not available in German, English, or French, you must bring a translation by an authorized translator.










Indholdsansvarlig Flemming Hartmann,